Friday, April 16, 2010

Avon Walk for the Cure

Some of you know and some you don't, but I have accepted the challenge and am participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I'll be walking close to 40 miles in Rocky Mountains over the course of a weekend in June. I am walking to support a friend who lost her mother to breast cancer when she was 9 years old.

I have pledged to raise money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer as part of my participation in the walk. Your contribution will help to support medical research into the possible causes of and cure for breast cancer, education and early detection programs, and clinical care and support services for women with breast cancer in communities across the country. There is a special focus on helping medically underserved women, the poor, minorities, the elderly, or those with inadequate health insurance. And much of the money granted by the Foundation goes back to the communities where it was raised, supporting everything from local grassroots programs to national organizations.

It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking here: Click here to visit my personal page. If you aren't comfortable donating online, you can send payment to me (checks payable to Avon Walk for the Cure) and I'll get it credited to my account.

Whatever you can give will help! Some of you have already pledged money for the cause and I truly appreciate your support. I will keep you posted on my progress.

It's been another quiet week for us. We haven't been to the doctor in one whole month - whoo-hoo! The weather is warming up so we're spending more time outside.

Driving trucks... Reina's turn to be in the driver's seat. Luckily the battery had died at this point but she had fun anyway. She has some sort of automotive part on her head. Not sure what that's all about .... future Ms. JiffyLube 2027?
When not busy honing her driver's ed skills, Reina loves to reorganize the kitchen. Here she is sorting through a brand-new box of sandwich bags. So helpful!Yup, the Buzz Wings continue to be a dominant force in our household. Every morning, the first thing we hear is "can I put my buzz wings on now?" Reina's anticipating getting whacked in the back of the head... again.

Hope your weekend is free from head-whacking!

No comments: