Sunday, January 24, 2010

Too tired for anything but photos with pithy captions

It's been a long week here at the Pauley household. Reina had ear infections. Will barfed twice at our friend's house while we were there for dinner. Glenn barfed at our house a few nights later. Reina had a tummyache/earache/personality disorder that resulted in her requiring my constant company from 2 a.m. until dawn last night. I'm sore from doing exercise videos. The wind is howling and there's not enough chocolate in the house. But we've got pictures of kiddos.

Reina's new favorite place to play? Her brother's room. Lots of little tiny toys, perfect size for jamming in your mouth. All sorts of stuff that's usually off-limits when he's in the room. "No no baby! That's my _______ (insert name of toy that is rarely played with until Reina finds it interesting)!" It's a picture of the elusive Will Pauley! He got a haircut about 30 minutes after this picture was taken. It was much needed. Reina's new favorite toy? The toilet. Hours and hours of enjoyment. Here she is reenacting what her Dad did all night. I don't think he had a smile on his face though. "What do you mean I don't get to splash my fingers in the water? It's so fun! Mom, you are so boring. Whatever."
Special thanks to Pop-pop and Grandma Hansen for coming to the rescue today. They took Will to lunch at Old McDonald's and took Reina for the afternoon so that I could nap and maintain some sense of sanity while Glenn recuperated from all the barfing. Love you guys!!

1 comment:

Val said...

You poor thing! I hope you got some rest. So....do you call McDonald's Old McDonald's, is that a new place or tiredly you wrote Old McDonalds? :) I like option 3.