Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Girls' weekend in Phoenix ... and more sickness

Aunt Vicky, her friend Christine and Reina and I made a quick trip to Phoenix this weekend to run another half marathon. Aunt Vicky has a bad leg injury so she ended up shuttling Reina around and Christine and I ran the race. There are very few highlights to report from the weekend - besides the weather. Let's just say that you know it's going to be a long race when you get to the start line and realize that your Ipod's battery is dead. So instead I'll memorialize the trip with a quick picture of Reina. This was the point in the weekend where we all sat around topless watching tv .... okay so maybe just one of us did that. The ibuprofen bottle is mine, too.

Back on the homefront, Glenn played nursemaid to Will with the help of visiting Grandpa and Grandma Pauley. Will added a double ear infection to his cough from last week which made for a long weekend for his daddy and heaping helpings of mommy guilt for me as I left for Phoenix. Everyone survived and Will is feeling better. Reina now has the ear infection, which was very generous of her brother to share. This was one of those instances where I was hoping for ear infections because the alternative was a newly developed personality disorder for my girl.

Here's a quick pic of Will from happier times.

2 comments:

Jane Hansen said...

Looks like she may be getting a little something up there.

Alyson said...

I am way impressed with you for running another half marathon. I am trying to get myself to prepare for a Ragnar relay with some gals in my neighborhood. My longest part is just over 7 miles. I ran 1 1/2 miles yesterday and was tired for the rest of the day. I guess I have some work to do. Cute kids! Hope everyone gets healthy soon!