Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Will-ism's

Will's language has really exploded over the last few months. He know communicates in full sentences and seems to be learning new words every day. Last week, I listened to him counting to ten in Spanish as he climbed up the stairs. Thanks Montessori! Or Dora the Explorer, I'm not sure which. You can practically see the wheels turning in his little brain as he masters some new phrase or command. Last weekend, we heard over and over "I don't have to go to school tomorrow - I get to stay home with my MOMMA (or Daddy)!" I started to think that it must have been a rough week at school because we also heard the following over and over again: "Bubbles are for the bathtub!" "We bite our food and not our friends!" and "We don't shoot guns!" We've tried to explain the nuances of not shooting guns at school but it being okay to shoot guns at home as long as you don't aim it anyone blah blah blah. So yes, we don't shoot guns.

His obsession with firetrucks has reached a fever pitch. As I'm typing this, he brought me his extra firehat to wear because apparently we need to be prepared at all times. At night he sleeps with his red plastic firehat, a fire ax, and a small plastic extinguisher. But guess what he doesn't sleep with? His pacifier! Yeah!! We adios'd it over the weekend and other than a few conversations about big boys not needing a pacifier, pacifiers are for baby sister because she can't play with big toys like firetrucks and cars, etc., he seems to be doing okay.

Our big boy is getting ready to move up to the preschool class at Montessori. They had an open house last night and we got to hear about his progress and meet his new teachers. I feel like he's growing up in leaps and bounds and I'm going to turn around and he'll be asking to borrow the car. I wish I could slow things down a little bit, but then I think about doing laundry for the 90th time this week because yet another pair of pants is wet and I think that things are moving along just the way they are supposed to.

Still no pictures but I plan on hijacking Glenn's camera this week. Oh, and Reina continues to be the cutest, smartest 8-month old in all of Wyoming.

No comments: