Monday, July 6, 2009

No pictures, please.

Last weekend we went to a friend's wedding. We were "that couple" - the ones who thought it would be a good idea to take a 2-yr old and a 4-month old to a wedding. Will didn't even make it long enough to see the bride walk down the aisle. He was a little too chatty for my liking and I didn't want him to distract from the beautiful service. Will and Glenn spent the time playing in other rooms at the church while Reina and I watched the wedding. At the reception, both kids were doing pretty well. Will was busting some moves on the dance floor and Reina was busy being passed around and smiling at everyone. About halfway through the reception, she got pretty fussy so it was time for a nursing break. As I attempted to nurse her underneath a blanket, she got really fussy and then just as suddenly, became very relaxed. I felt something sticky on my hand and as I pulled it out from underneath the blanket I realized that my hand was covered in baby poo. As was my entire lap. My black and white dress had suddenly become black, white and green. Or yellow. Simultaneously, as I was being bathed in poo, Will poured a tall glass of lemonade down his the front of his shirt. That was when the fun really started. I packed extra outfits for both of them, but didn't think to pack an extra dress for myself. Lesson learned. As the title of this point indicates, I didn't take any pictures and you should be thankful for that.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my gosh, don't you love blow outs? I'm dying of laughter...