Friday, July 10, 2009

Reina - 5 months old!

Our little girl is five months old today! Man - how time flies. I know that I say that every month but she is getting big! She is thisclose to sitting up by herself. She tries like crazy, especially when she's belted into her carseat. She's also getting really interested in our food. She tried to eat a tortilla chip today. Forget cereal and mashed bananas - this girl wants some nachos! I'm discovering that almost everything about parenting has its tradeoffs. I'm proud that Reina has yet to need any formula - I've been able to make enough milk for her (something I couldn't do for Will). BUT on the flip side, she prefers my method of food delivery over anything else so as long as I'm in the room, I'm her main girl....which is very flattering except for when I need just 10 minutes TO MYSELF TO TYPE ON THE COMPUTER!!!

Here's my smiley girl:
Wait, you talkin' to me?
Hey mom - is it snacktime yet?
Add this to things that I need to remember to thank Glenn for - showing Will how to make a drum out of a pot and two kitchen untensils. When Will was younger he liked playing with the pots but hadn't really figured out drumming yet. Add in a full set of lungs, a desire to sing and a wickedly strong backhand and you've got yourself some music!!
Ringo - eat your heart out. This kid's got some serious beat going on.
Hold on ... it's not a drum - it's a hat!

Finally, I'm including this picture for all of my non-Wyoming friends and relatives. This is the fourth of July. And we are wearing fleece jackets. That bit of blue sky in the background was fleeting. It's not raining at the moment but the skies opened up shortly after this picture was taken. Nothing like watching fireworks in the rain and 50 degrees on July 4. At least we didn't get pooped on.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

It has been awhile since I've gotten on your blog. Your kids are both so adorable. I can't believe that Reina is already 5 months old. I wondered if you could laugh yet about the wedding you attended? What an experience!