Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's a . . .

So the doctor is 95% sure that Deuce Pauley is a girl . . . There was not a definitive "money shot"that clearly indicated either boy or girl - the umbilical cord was in the way but then towards the end of the ultrasound the doctor saw the three lines and so she's confident that we're having a girl. Yikes! I think I'm in a little bit of shock. I was convinced that it was a boy and felt pretty smug in the fact that I know little boys and I'm an expert now. ha ha So change of plans and now we get to buy lots of pink and yellow and all that good stuff. I'm scheduled to go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks. The little stinker kept covering up her face (she's very camera shy) and they want to check a few things there so it's a good excuse to go back and look at her again. She has very cute hands, we did get to see a lot of those.

On a related note - I caught (and stopped) Will from riding his blue dog down the stairs this weekend. He was poised at the top like a bobsledder as I was coming up the stairs. I think Deuce is going to have to be on tough cookie to survive her big brother.

3 comments:

Val said...

yea Luc!!!! Congrats. Girls are great! A little emotional from birth, don't really like to sleep or eat, but other than that great. ha ha! I kid!! The clothes options for girls are a lot of fun. They have a lot of great stuff out there and it isn't just ruffles and flowers. Congrats!!!!

Alyson said...

I guess I'd better check your blog more often. Congrats on the pregnancy (I think I may have heard it before) and the house selling. I'm glad to see that Will likes to play with the water too. May I suggest taking off the nob. That has helped to keep our boys out of the water. I hope you have a great day. Thanks for the updates!

Beth said...

Yay! A girl how exciting! Congrats!