Saturday, November 27, 2021

Reina's 2nd big game hunt

Glenn and Reina zipped over to location-redacted-by-Glenn-because-hunters-are-weird-about-sharing-spots for a quick hunting trip on Friday.  They had planned to be gone all weekend but our little sharp shooter got her first elk that morning and they were home by dinnertime!  

Glenn texted me this picture on Friday.  He said he has about 40 others but I like this one even though the hunter's eyes are closed.  

Glenn butchered the entire elk today (Saturday) and I helped by wrapping the steaks and stew meat.  We'll tackle the burger another day. I've probably posted a similar picture every year but whenever I label the packages, I think back to my first year - writing '04 on those packages. I was the girlfriend at the time and only had an inkling that wrapping elk steaks would become an annual tradition.  

 

No comments: