Monday, June 7, 2021

Reina's Track Meet

A few weeks ago, Reina participated in her last elementary school track meet.  It was the first one that I got to see because I missed 4th grade's event because I was traveling for work and last year it was canceled when school shut down.  But this year, the sun was shining and our girl was at a track meet!  Reina ran the hurdles, did the high jump and was part of the shuttle relay team.  Reina was pretty nervous the night before (she gets that from me!) but she was so much fun to watch.  

Getting ready to hurdle while wearing a mask!  

Post hurdle chit-chat and if you look closely you can see a smile.  

Deep breath before the high jump 

Planning the strategy for the relay.  Just run as fast as you can!  

Reina was disappointed that she missed out on the ribbons but we were so proud of her for getting out of her comfort zone and competing.  That kid is fast when she turns on the heat.  I'm still holding out hope that she'll become my running partner one of these days...even though she's probably too fast for me already.  

No comments: