Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Last Week of Working from Home

It seems like a good time for a Covid update, since not only is it officially my last week working from home, but Reina had her first Covid test last week and Will might be on the way to getting his second test this week.  It's been a weird few weeks.  Reina's test was negative, as was an influenza test and strep but she was pretty sick for several days and after some steroids and an antibiotic, she's better.  I wasn't too worried that she had covid because most of her symptoms weren't covid-related but she also knew of at least 3 other kids in her class who were sick so we got her tested to rule it out.  Will has similar symptoms as Reina this week but he's not as sick and the desire to not miss more baseball practice might get him back to school tomorrow.  He does have a baseball teammate who has covid right now, so we are keeping an eye on him.  While most of the adults we know have been vaccinated, we are still waiting on an opportunity for the kids.  I hope we can all make it through this without anyone getting sick.  I'm pretty sure I must have typed something like this a year ago and yet here we are.  Almost out of the woods but not quite yet.  

I'll be back in the office full-time next week. I have mixed feelings.  It will be nice to see my co-workers in person but I'll miss my comfy clothes and the quiet of working from home.  And I'll miss the pets.  I traveled for work last week (right as Reina was getting sick which is how that timing always seems to work) and I enjoyed it.  It was a quick overnight trip and the weather cooperated, which always helps.  Being fully vaccinated also helped me feel more comfortable about staying in a hotel.  I conducted an all-day meeting and everyone wore masks the entire time.  It really felt normal after a while.  

Glenn just returned from a turkey hunting trip in Kansas and proudly brought back a giant bird. He didn't go turkey hunting last year because of travel concerns so he was pretty happy to be able to head out.  I stayed here and watched Will play baseball on Saturday and in typical Lucy fashion - I didn't think I needed a jacket and instead had to wrap myself up in three blankets I had stuffed in the trunk of my car.  So fashionable. 

We've had rain most of the day today and it's been a welcome sight.  I'm very thankful for the moisture and also thankful that I didn't have to watch any sporting events in it. Here's hoping that Will wakes up feeling 100% and everybody stays healthy.   


No comments: