Friday, February 5, 2021

This week in pictures

This post will not contain any pictures of Will playing basketball because he hasn't been psyched for me to bring my camera to the games.  Tomorrow morning I'm getting up super early to drive to Nebraska to watch him play so he's not going to get a say about me bringing my camera along.  Back to the week.  Will had three games this week and his team went 2-1.  Will got to play in each game and even scored some baskets. 

Reina is eating a snack right next to me right now and delaying going to bed.  That's a daily occurrence for her.  She is counting down the days til her birthday (5!) and going to dance classes.  Next week she's going to try school volleyball and I'm probably more excited than she is.  

Will had a lot of homework this week. One of his projects was to write a timeline of his life with it broken down into eras, periods, etc.  He was supposed to find add some pictures for each section so of course we got on this very blog and found some good illustrations. Like this beachy fellow.  

I think this is 2010ish.  It might also be the last time he was shirtless in public.  

Because Will had two games back to back this week (the third game was actually on Saturday), he ran into a bit of a pickle when he didn't have another dressy outfit for school.  The basketball team dresses up on home game days,  Will has one go-to outfit. This is the point of the story where I feel like I should mention that I offered last weekend to take him shopping for some extras but I was politely turned down.  So Wednesday night, after his game and after everybody got fed, I zipped over to Target to get some extras. I did have to text him some pictures and call at one point to get sizes but I didn't do too badly and nothing has to be returned.  And yes, those our jeans.  That's what passes as dress pants around here.  


I had a pretty busy week at work.  This was the view from my computer's camera during one of my zoom calls this week.  The dogs and I are just one giant pack now and where one of us is, the rest of us have to be. 
Furthermore, the feline members of the family still like to have a few minutes of fresh air everyday, even when it's crazy cold.  With my new office location, they can't just pop in the window because there's a screen. Try explaining that to a yowling cat. 
"Go to the back door!  I can't let you in right here!" 

Glenn's hand continues to heal. All of the stitches are out and the skin is healthy.  He's still working with the OT to get flexibility and movement back but he's a determined guy.  

That's our week.  I've got to go set the alarm for insanely early.  Go basketball!  

No comments: