Saturday, January 16, 2021

The second week of 2021

We made it through the second week of 2021 relatively unscathed.  Glenn continues to heal his hand.  The progress is a little slower than he'd like but he's getting better every day.  He had a follow-up appointment with the surgeon yesterday.  They took some of his stitches out but we have to go back in a few weeks to get the rest removed.  The skin appears to be healthy and the healing continues.  

During the last two weeks, I've learned a couple of things about Glenn that I didn't know before.  First, when he has to take medicine, he likes to fill up his mouth with water and then pop the pills in.  I wasn't sure this was physically possible but he makes it work.  I don't remember him doing this in the great medical crisis of 2012 so I think it's a recent development.  The second thing is his interest in serial killer shows with titles like "Scary People" and something about making murderers.  When he has control of the remote control it's a constant stream of fishing tournaments, serial killers, and whatever the History Channel is featuring about WW2. I hadn't noticed it as much before because his tv time was limited to when he was home alone or working out in the basement.  Now its more obvious because he has a lot of down time on the sofa.  So I'm anxious for him to feel better for his own benefit but also so that I can get Hallmark Mysteries back.   I really miss my formulaic mysteries. 

Besides all of the medical stuff, we are having a good 2021.  The kids are in school.  The quarter is ending so we all get a three-day weekend.  Will is reading this while I type and he wants me to clarify that the kids are not in school right now because it's a Saturday night but they do have Monday off so that's our three-day weekend.  He's the king of sarcasm tonight and I know that's not really NEWS but I feel like I should point it out anyway.  

Covid-19 has calmed down a little bit in Wyoming.  Our case numbers aren't as high as they were after Thanksgiving.  There is still a mask mandate and limits to crowd sizes and gatherings.  We're still being cautious and waiting on that vaccine.  



No comments: