Monday, June 22, 2020

Day 99

I have to remember to post tomorrow for Day 100.  ONE HUNDRED.  But that's tomorrow's post.

So it's another Monday.  We had a nice weekend.  It rained on Friday so when it got dark, I took Reina outside to show her all of the nightcrawlers that come out in our yard.  I stumbled across this phenomenon last summer when I'd go lock up the chicken coop and freak out by all the slimy things in the grass running away from my flashlight.  Anyway, Glenn decided that we should collect some and put them in our garden.  So we spent about 30 minutes trying to find big worms and catch them.  We are party people! 

Will played three baseball games on Saturday - his team went 1-2 but Will played well and we had fun watching.  It's nice getting to know the other parents and the weather was perfect.  During a break between games, Reina and I masked up and shopped downtown for a little while. 

Yesterday Glenn took the kids to see the Pauley grandparents for the afternoon and I got a few hours in the house by myself.  It was magnificent!  I missed everyone after the first hour but I enjoyed just puttering around the house and watching chick flicks.  Before they left, Glenn and I installed new light fixtures in the basement.  We are getting close to running out of things to replace in the house - things that are within our skillset at least. 

So that was our weekend.  Reina is taking an online art class this week in the afternoons and she had a lot of fun with today's session.  Will has two nights of baseball doubleheaders and Glenn and I both have plenty of work projects.  Bring on the week! 

No comments: