Monday, August 26, 2019

First Day of School

Reina's first day of Fifth Grade and Will's first day of Seventh Grade 

The big day finally arrived. Summer 2019 is officially finished and the monsters are back at school.  I've thought about this day since the last day of school and I admit that I've dreaded it a little bit.  It's hard to believe that our little Bronco Baby is headed off to Junior High and Reina is a fifth grader!  I think I say this on the first day of school every year but I have to repeat it again.  The days are long but the years are fast.

We all woke up early this morning and since I had taken the day off of work (so I could cry at home and not at my desk), I made pancakes and bacon.  Will and Glenn left early because school starts at 7:30 a.m.  Yikes!  Reina and I hung out for a while and perfected her hairstyle (the picture above is pre-hairdo) before I dropped her off.  After I left Reina's school, I golfed with my parents for a few hours and then came home to a quiet house and did a bunch of random chores before picking up R.  I admit to thinking about them both as the day wore on and hoping that everyone was having a good day. 

Reina was super enthusiastic about Fifth Grade and while we were still in the car on the way home, announced that she couldn't wait to go back. She likes both teachers, she has a lot of friends in her class, she likes the book they are already reading, her lunch was yummy, etc. etc. etc.

Will had football practice after school so he came home tired and hungry.  Once he had a plate of spaghetti in his gullet, we heard a few details about his day.  He likes his teachers, lunch was way better than elementary school, he didn't bother with locker, etc. etc. etc.

So on to the second day of school tomorrow.  I think this is going to be a great school year for both of the Bronco Babies.

No comments: