Sunday, August 11, 2019

A bunch of stuff that's happened this summer

So it's already August and I'm still trying to figure out how that has happened. We've had a whirlwind of activities since my last post and I'm determined to give each one it's own due.  But in the meantime and for posterity's sake, I'll be lazy and make a list of stuff that's happened lately.

1.  We went on a cruise to Alaska with the Pauley grandparents and saw amazing sights and had a lot of fun family time.  On the way home from the airport, I asked everybody what their favorite part was.  Reina and Will really liked the pool and the on-demand movies in our cabin.  Reina also really liked an octopus that we saw at an aquarium in Sitka.  Glenn's highlight was halibut fishing and I liked seeing a bunch of whales from the ship and the octopus in Sitka.  Pictures and more details coming up!

2.  Will finished up the baseball season and had a lot of fun.  He tried out for a traveling team for next year and he made it.  It'll mean a lot of changes for our family summer but we are excited to see him play. 

3.  Reina's time at theater camp was awesome and she played the part of the Grinch's dog like a champ.  More pictures of that too! 

4.  Frontier Days came and went with Reina spending an evening at the carnival with a friend, Will going to a Post Malone concert and Reina and I watching the rodeo with Aunt Vicky.  Reina and I also watched the parade and she's determined to ride on a float next year. 

5.  We made our annual trip to Water World with friends last week.  The kids are getting braver and braver on the crazy rides that they'll attempt.  Meanwhile, I got queasy on the little dinosaur ride and had to spend the rest of the time on solid ground.  Oh middle age. 

6.  We survived another round of school clothes shopping.  School starts in two weeks and we are all set.  We did some shopping at the outlet mall on the way home from Water World and finished up in town this weekend.  I'm pretty sure I've seen every tshirt Nike has in their fall collection.  Will officially has bigger feet than me.  Reina has had more opinions about her clothing options but she's still relatively easy to please.  Will has a thousand opinions but we managed to find some sales and not completely break the bank.

I don't know if that catches me up or not, but it's a start.  Back to the blog soon with vacation pictures.

No comments: