Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Pioneer Girl

I have several posts sitting in the drafts folder but haven't had time to tackle the multitude of events that are happening in these last few weeks of May so I decided to post little snippets of our month before summer is here.  Reina's class was supposed to go on a field trip last week but it was canceled because of snow.  That's right - too much snow!  So they moved the Pioneer Days celebration to school and I volunteered to help with the trading post. 
My pioneer girl in full costume.  For comparison's sake, on this day in his fourth grade, Will agreed to wear jeans and a nike shirt.  

The students had a variety of pioneer themed activities besides the trading post.  They did a craft, ate biscuits and gravy, learned how to square dance, played pioneer games and learned how to rope.  It was a lot of fun watching all of the activities. At the trading post, the kids could use buttons they had earned in class to barter for old fashioned candy, pickles, cards and giant wooden flutes. I asked the teacher if she was mad at us parents.  She was happy to tell me that there were enough flutes for all of the kids in both classes.  

Reina brought me a thank-you note home on Friday.  

Dear Mom, Thank you so much for helping with are "feild trip."  You were the greatest bag hander ever! You should get a job were you just hand out bags! I hope your ready for when the flute comes home, I am planning on having a concert!  P.S. Prepare to be smashed in Slap Jack!  Sincerely, Reina  
The morning that Reina was getting ready, she decided that Coco needed to get dressed for Pioneer Days too.  As you can tell, she's really excited. I didn't realize it until I posted this picture, but our new cat to be named later is sitting outside.  She's not an outside cat but more on her later.  


No comments: