Wednesday, May 8, 2019

6th grade program or The Last Time You'll Catch Will Singing in Public

I was worried that Will wasn't dressed up enough in his short sleeve polo and khaki pants but I didn't put a fight because frankly I've learned my lesson.  However, the minute I stepped into the gym, my worries were for naught because even from this small sample size, you can easily see the uniform of choice for 12 yr old boys.  
Last night was the 6th Grade Program and the official Beginning of the End of the school year.  Will's last elementary music program, suppressed sob sob.... I'd say it's the last time we have to argue about dress clothes but who am I kidding.  That's going to happen for at least another decade.  Will had warned us (well, me specifically) that the program might make us feel a little sad because they were singing a bunch of Disney songs.  I didn't need to hear "You've got a Friend in Me" to get teary-eyed about the fact that my little Bobo is headed off to junior high next year, but seeing him with his arms around these boys I've known since they were nervous little kindergartners.... well let's just say that a little bit of moisture seeped out of my eyeballs. 

Ladies and gentleman - that's Will singing and doing the hand signs.  DOING THE HAND SIGNS! The group was singing "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast and it was adorable.  

Will participating in the kick line for the grand finale of Be Our Guest!  A KICK LINE?!  
Singing "Hakuna Matata" and having scarf trouble.  

I love this picture because without any type of photo touch-up, Will has crazy vampire eyes and looks like he's about to cry/fly off into the night.  
"Under the Sea" with bubbles!  Bravo!  Encore!  

 I didn't get any good pictures of the grand finale because I just ended up watching my kiddo sing with his friends and soak in the moment.  We have about a month left of 6th grade-ness and then it's on to the summer.   I have a lot of happy memories of the last seven years and I can't wait to see what he does next. 

No comments: