Sunday, June 10, 2018

I took Reina on a work trip

Last week, the day after the last day of school (more on that next time!), I had to travel to Riverton which is about four hours away for a work conference.  My duties at the conference were pretty light so it seemed like a good opportunity to bring along a kid or two.  The oldest kid opted out so he could stay home and practice baseball which also means hanging out on the couch and enjoying some quiet time.  So Reina and I packed up the car with work stuff and a swimming suit and headed west.  

We listened to music and a book on tape as we drove through central Wyoming.  Reina was a great co-pilot and it was fun to see that country through her eyes.  

Reina passing the time with my camera phone and captions.  
The first night, we had dinner with all of my colleagues who were also attending the conference.  Reina was amazingly patient during the 2+ hours it took for us to order, get our food and eat it.  We were at an old fashioned steakhouse, along with half of the county apparently.  

Posing in Hudson, WY

A mural outside of the restaurant.  Reina wanted to pretend that we were on vacation. 

"Mom take a picture of the restaurant and my teenager face!" 
 The next day, she was patient while I attended meetings and such.  That night, we walked to a pizza place with more co-workers.  The wait wasn't as long this time and the pizza was delicious. 
Pizza with eyes electronically added.  

Swimming after pizza 
 On Friday morning, I attended a few more meetings, we packed up the car and headed back home.  On the way back, we stopped at a site along the Oregon Trail.  Reina will be studying Wyoming history next year, plus I always stop for historic sites, if time allows. 
"Mom, are there rattlesnakes here?"  

Summer kicks off in full swing tomorrow with some day camps, more sports stuff and hot weather.  I'm glad my summer got off to a fun start with a cute traveling partner and a chance to show her more of Wyoming. 

No comments: