Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day Weekend

Today we celebrated Father's Day and my parents' 46th Anniversary!  Big day!  On the way to church this morning, I asked the kids a few questions about their Dad and here are their answers.

What do you like the most about your dad: 

Reina:  How he takes us camping. 

Will:  I like when Dad takes me out to eat. 

What is your favorite thing to do with Dad: 

Reina;  Go camping with him (there's definitely a theme here.)  Reina is sitting next to me right now and she also wants me to add that she likes it when she and dad roughhouse.

Will:  I like to go hunting with him. 

What is your favorite memory of Dad:

Reina;  I can see him at my wedding in the future.  (So she can see the future)

Will:  When I shot my first rabbit.  He also says when he hit his first home run but I questioned how that was a memory of dad and not just a way to mention his home run on the blog. 

Is there anything else you want to say about your dad?

Reina:  He is handsome, he also tries hard.   I also appreciate how when we goes hunting, he usually gets meat or something for us and even when he doesn't get anything, he says he had a good time.

Will:  He's my dad.  I'm glad he's alive.  (Side note, when Will signed his dad's Father's Day card at bedtime last night, he lovingly scrawled "happy birthday Dad."  So we have some to work to do in the holiday recognition department. 
Will, Uncle Glenn and Baby Cousin watching Will play video games.  
It rained buckets while we were at the movies on Saturday and these two bing-bongs ignored the dry deck or their cozy doghouse and instead got soaked in the backyard.  The house still smells un-lovely.  

No comments: