Monday, February 19, 2018

President's Weekend and Flu-like Symptoms

Good grief.  How many times have I blogged about this family and illnesses on a three-day weekend?  Too many to count and regardless, it happened again.  The kids had Friday off and had a fun day, feeling healthy, shooting baskets outside, playing video games inside, etc. Glenn and I were going to go on a date Friday night but decided to postpone for one night because he had to work a little late.  (Spoiler alert, we still haven't had that date.)  On Saturday morning, Reina woke us up a little early because her stomach hurt.  She was feeling puny so I took her temperature and she had a mild fever.  She complained that her legs hurt a little bit and I started to see the rest of our weekend mapped out in influenza-land.  As Saturday went on, her fever got higher and she was basically glued to the couch.  I called her doctor's office to see if we needed to get her tested for the flu and they recommended that we just keep her at home with pain medicine and lots of cool drinks.  Cool as in cold, not as in trendy or stylish.  I'm not sure why I need to make that point. 

So that's what we've been doing since Saturday.  We did catch Will's last basketball game and went to church in stages.  Will had acolyte training which was very exciting (for me anyway!) and he'll be on the list to acolyte soon.  Today was cold and snowy and luckily we all had the day off so no one is missing school or work, yet. 

Reina seems to be over the worst of it today and I'm hoping one more day of rest will get her back on her feet.  In the meantime, I'm playing that fun game of "how do I feel?"  I think I feel fine?  My nose is little runny but I'm mostly fine.  I'm fine, right?  Oh Reina just sneezed in my face?  I'm fine!  Glenn's fine.  Will's fine?  Will's stomach hurts?  Oh I'm sure it's something completely unrelated.  He's fine.  Everyone's fine! 

We are also disinfecting everything in sight and Glenn commented that he's been washing his hands so much they almost hurt.  But everyone is fine! 
Saturday.  Reina and her cat nurse who is concerned about her symptoms and only slightly cold and wanting to snuggle something overly warm.  

Will suggested I B&W this photo for a better effect.  We were wanting to document the number of people and pets on one couch.  2 + 2.  Look at that handsome kid!  
Coco sitting on my work laptop.  She doesn't approve of working on a state/federal holiday.  She's also hungry.  

No comments: