Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas 2017!

The calm before the storm.  You can't tell but it's still dark outside.  
Merry Christmas!  I'm sitting on the couch with Reina while the guys watch Dunkirk in the den.  Reina and Will woke up crazy early this morning (5 something) and dragged us all out of bed.  Reina took a break from unwrapping presents to briefly throw up, rallied to open presents and play and then barfed again a few minutes ago.  So now we get to experience that lovely purgatory of "does my stomach hurt, does anyone else's stomach hurt, does that burp mean something" until it either does or doesn't.

Stomach issues aside, we had a great day.  Vicky and Matt and the baby/toddler cousins were over bright and early because their wakeup call was even earlier than our's.  Pop-pop and Grandma weren't too far behind them.  It was a flurry of opening presents and paper and some minor toddler meltdowns, delicious food and good company.  The morning was over with way too fast but then we all got to nap.  We had a white Christmas with bitter temperatures (I think 14 degrees was the high?) so we had good reasons to stay inside and watch movies.  Even the dogs weren't looking for a walk.  For dinner, Glenn and I cooked up an elk roast with a side of leftover Christmas candy and our stomachs are full. Well, except for Reina's.

I asked everyone about their favorite parts of the day and here are their responses:

Reina loved opening presents and being with family.  Reina's favorite present was her twin Hatchimal but she wants it known that she loved all of her presents.

Glenn is watching Dunkirk so I can't ask him his favorite part of the day but he said earlier that his favorite present was the French Press coffee maker I bought him at Target for $19.99.  Shhhh... don't tell him it wasn't more expensive.

Will is also still watching Dunkirk and he told me earlier that he couldn't decide what his favorite present was but I've been hearing him ride his skateboard around the den all afternoon when he's not playing with his new Lego's, sitting in his beanbag chair listening to Sports Jamz while wearing his new clothes.  I think that about covers it.

Coco loves her catnip and is currently sleeping off her cat high.

The two dogs loved all of Reina's leftover dinner.

I had a great time watching all of the kiddos open presents and Baby Cousin fighting Toddler Cousin over her new cash register that was suddenly the present du jour.  My nap was pretty awesome too.  My favorite present is my Rockies jacket followed closely by a new cookbook and an Outlander adult coloring book that makes me giggle every time I see the cover.

What a happy day!
Someone else is enjoying the new bean bag chair too. 

No comments: