Friday, December 8, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like something

So it's December and didn't we just have Thanksgiving?  This month is flying by.  Surprisingly, I'm almost finished my Christmas shopping.  I'm mailing packages on Monday, a big chunk of the baking is done, I've wrapped a few presents and it's all coming together.  My weekend projects include cranking out a Christmas card and going with Will to the Broncos game on Sunday. This blog has been short on football news mostly because there is nothing fun to report.  I'll wear my Super Bowl 50 shirt on Sunday and look forward to brighter football days.  

Back on the homefront, the house is decorated.  We brought the tree home last Friday in what is Coco's favorite day of the year.  She loves that tree.  I think she's slept under it every night since we brought it home and every day after work I have to put back up a bunch of ornaments that have mysteriously landed on the floor.  Today, she somehow unwound a couple of laps of the lights.  Luckily the lights were unplugged.  
Yes, we see you.  
Earlier in the week, I started a batch of the Spritz - a recipe from the Pauley side of the family.  The spritz has to be pushed through a cookie press and Glenn helps me because honestly, I can't ever get the dough to come out.  So we started on the first batch and the dough was too cold and lo and behold, the handle on the press snapped.  We tried to glue it back in place but the press was broken.  Here's the blog-worthy part.  Glenn hopped in the car and drove to the store to buy a new one.  Be still my heart!  AND he filled up my gas tank while he was out.  Swoon!   

Lastly, meet Brownie, our Elf on the Shelf. I've made it a decade of parenting without bringing home an Elf until this year.  Thanks to my darling aunt (who couldn't resist Reina), Brownie is visiting us for the month.  So far, she's shown up in the dollhouse, the Christmas tree, the mantel, and one night she even took a few selfies.  Coco's interest in all of the Christmas decorations has so far not included Brownie, and let's hope it stays that way. 

No comments: