Sunday, May 21, 2017

Will's Orchestra Concert

Our end of the school year recital/program tour continues with Will's first (and possibly only) Orchestra Concert.  Will has been learning the violin this year and I'm really impressed to see how far he's come.  We can actually recognize the songs!  Will's probably going to read this and he should know that I'm mostly joking and I'm really proud of him for giving the violin a try. 

The weekend before the concert, Will and I were running errands between soccer and baseball practice.  I asked him if he was excited about the orchestra concert and if he wanted to keep playing an instrument and maybe take lessons this summer?  He answered with a quick 'no' and then paused and said, "Mom, can I tell you something without you getting mad at me?"  Well that's a tough question to answer right?  I said 'yes' and Will told me that sometimes he just plays whatever note he wants during the song.  I tried to hide my giggles but I couldn't.  So that sums up Will's short but entertaining musical career.  For now.  And at least I don't have to worry about a drum set in the basement.  
Getting ready to play "French Folk Song." 

Some serious violin-ing going on.  

Hmmmmmm, everyone else appears to be playing a note while Will's free-styling?  Taking a break?  Waiting for a solo?  

No comments: