Monday, May 22, 2017

Piano Girl

Yesterday, Reina had her first piano recital.  She's been taking lessons for a little over a year now and it's so exciting to see how much she's learned. She seems to have a knack for it and (no pressure kid!) we hope that she keeps playing for a while.  She can read both treble clef and bass clef and she's playing with two hands.  She's doing so great!  Back to the performance - I don't know who was more nervous for her recital - her or me.  Probably me.  She was poised.  Reina's had her song memorized for a few months which means that the rest of us could probably play the song also.  Her song was called "Most of All, I Like Rainbows." I'm humming it right now.   The recital took place at the library and there was even a little stage.   

Walking on the stage for the pre-song bow.  

Next year, I'm standing on the other side of the room for a better angle.  Except she probably wouldn't have been happy with me.  She nailed her song - no mistakes and she kept a lively tempo.  

Post performance group photo shoot.  Too serious for smiles?  

There's one!  
Reina's taking a break from piano for the summer but she's going to keep practicing and start it back up in the fall.  We love watching her play!

No comments: