Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Skiing on a Monday

We all had Monday off from school and work - well except for Glenn who had to work because the Legislature is in session but he doesn't downhill ski anyway so this is a long way of saying that the kids and I went skiing!  With some friends like last year!  A great time was had by all! 

Let's start at the beginning.  After a relatively warm and dry early winter, our nearby ski resort has had amazing amounts of snow in the last few weeks and after checking that the temperature was going to be manageable, I made our reservations online, dug out the ski goggles and other random winter wear and packed everybody up.  We even remembered Will's jacket this time. 

The snow was deep, the temperature was probably in the mid to upper 20's and the sun came out in the afternoon.  The Bronco Baby mom never fell down (yahhh!), the Bronco babies crashed a few times but not major damages and we had a really fun time getting in as many runs as we could. 

At our lunch break and I notice that Will has the beginnings of a shiner.  He and his friend had an impromptu snowball fight with some kids outside of the lodge and they apparently to abide by the "NOT THE FACE" rule implemented by moms everywhere. 

Will in the foreground or whatever you call towards the bottom of the picture. 
My friend Mary took all of these pictures because I didn't bring my phone with me on the slopes and I was usually too busy keeping Reina upright to take any pictures anyway. 

Will and his friend on the lift. 

Reina and her mom on the lift.  Look at all of that glorious snow! 

Will post-crash.

Reina and her mom again!  This was one of the first trips up the lift we took in the morning before the sun came out.  There was hardly any wind which is great for this location. 
I love that my little monsters love to ski.

No comments: