Friday, January 13, 2017

Pictures of stuff that Reina wanted me to take at the zoo.

On New Year's Day, we all headed to Denver.  The boys were going to the Broncos game and Reina and I had some shopping planned and a quick trip to the zoo.  Yes, the day was had a weird gender division going on because long-time readers will note that usually I'M the one going to the Broncos game but frankly, I didn't want to watch my beloved team (who wasn't making the playoffs) play the Raiders, along in hindsight, it would've been a fun time.  Glenn and Will had a blast.  The Broncos lead the entire game.  Glenn hadn't taken Will to a Broncos game before and when I asked him afterwards what he thought, he replied simply, "You have a big sports fan on your hands."  Bring on 2017!   
Glenn wearing MY #87 jersey and Will wearing just about every item of Broncos clothing that he owns.  

So Reina and I did a little bit of shopping. I had gift cards from the previous Christmas that needing using and Reina is a pretty fun shopping companion, especially if there's something fun for her to do later.  She helped me pick out some new work clothes and had helpful insights ("that shirt would be good if you wanted to be a pirate" and "Wow, Mom, your arms look really meaty!")    Honestly, she picked out a few things outside of my comfort zone that I ended up liking and it was fun way to use up the gift cards.  

After our whirlwind shopping trip, we drove across the entire length of Denver and spent a few hours at the zoo before it was time to pick up the football fans. I brought my camera along and told Reina to point out things I should take a picture of.  
30 seconds into the zoo and PEACOCK!  

Some sort of mini primate tamarin something something.  

A chicken made out of dried flowers and stuff.  I need this at home.  

Condors (?) building a nest.  We watched them for a while and provided commentary.  "I don't want that stick there, it doesn't look good.  Well feel free to grab your own stick and get to work." 

Big cats! 

Big grin and big cats. 

At this point, Reina was getting a little antsy because she had a specific snack from a specific snack shack in the zoo in mind.  After we visited this seal, we turned the corner and the snack shack was closed for the season.  She drowned her sorrows in a bucket of cotton candy instead.  

My girl.  

No comments: