Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

I woke up before 7 (and a good hour before I hoped to wake up) to Reina informing me that Coco had either barfed or pooped (luckily just a hairball that cleaned up easily) on the rug.  A few minutes later, Coco jumped on my chest to communicate her desire to eat breakfast already and my day started.

I realized at church that this is my tenth Mother's Day.  Wow.  Mathematically slightly less than 1/4 of my life has been spent mothering someone.  In some ways, it feels much less than that. I keep waiting for some adult to walk in and take charge of everything.  Other days, it's hard to remember a time when I wasn't doing loads of other people's laundry and worrying about coughs.  But it's all been a dream come true.

Once the cat barf and animal feeding had taken place, I opened my presents.  Reina drew me a picture featuring a cat (naturally) and gave me a jar of homemade bath salts that her teacher helped them put together at school.  Will wrote me the following letter:

Dear Mom:  I am very thankful for you although I've seen you eating cookies behind my back.  But it's okay.  I'm also thankful for you because you feed the dogs when I'm gone and sometimes clean my room which I really like.  So happy Mother's day.  I hope it is the best.  Sincerely, your very awesome son, Will.  

Glenn gave me a lovely card that Reina also signed "Let's party now.  Love, Reina."  Glenn bought me an awesome bird feeder for the backyard that Coco and Trigger will also enjoy.  Especially when she escapes into the backyard.... here birdie, birdie, birdie.

The rest of the day included church, jogging, delicious lunch with the in-laws, shopping, a quick visit with my parents, baseball, laundry, America's Funniest Home Videos and now a short blog post.  What a nice Mother's Day.

No comments: