Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mexico, part 2

The trip to Mexico continued with more jampacked days of fun, sun and surf.  And amateur photography skills.
Little blue tropical birds near our hotel room.  We saw a lot of birds that I can't identify and that we definitely don't see in our neck of the woods.  

And fauna.  
Because other Pauleys sat through a timeshare sales pitch, all of us got to take a tour of a jewelry boutique, a tequila manufacturer and the Mayan ruins at Tulum.  It was a long day, but a fun opportunity to see some new places.  And we met a monkey named Timmy.
Reina and Timmy.  Timmy hung out at the tequila factory and raises money for a wildlife refuge.  He was most interested in the contents of my purse.  Reina was most interested in him.  

I think Will's look says it all.  

Glenn gets a lot of smiles for his "I Love My Wife" tshirt.  The whole shirt reads "I love it when my wife lets me go fishing."  

Reina and the Mayan ruins at Tulum.  Set right above the ocean, the ruins are pretty impressive.  

Hey look, there's the ocean!  

Will and Tulum.  The pictures don't show how crowded the whole area was.  Will and I were walking along the path to another set of ruins and we passed a teenage couple heatedly making out.  Will made a face after we walked by and told me, "Mom, that's disgusting.  He was trying to eat her face.  I'm never going to do that when I grow up."  Fine with me, kiddo.  




Did I mention how hot and humid Mexico was?  
The next day, we headed to an island near Cancun - Isla Mujeres.  Just a short ferry ride away, Isla Mujeres had cute streets and a beautiful beach.  It was definitely one of the highlights for us.  
Next year's Christmas card perhaps?  

Glenn getting ready to dive into a big plate of fresh fish, red snapper to be exact. I had coconut shrimp, Will had pizza and Reina had a cheeseburger.  She's not much of a when-in-Rome eater.  


Part 3 coming soon!

No comments: