Monday, July 20, 2015

Strep

Reina and I are hanging out today because she has strep.  In July.  I know.  When I asked the doctor the chances of Will catching it, she just smiled.  Stay tuned.  It's Frontier Days week so all in all, not a bad time to be stuck at home.  Reina was fine until yesterday morning when she mentioned her throat hurt when she woke up.  By mid-morning, she had a fever that continued to climb.  She even asked if she could rest after church which sent off giant warning bells.  Reina never asks to rest. I took her to the doctor this morning where she tested positive for strep but she's already feeling a little better.  Her throat still really hurts but not enough to stop her from talking and asking me questions.  Here's a sample from today:

"Mom, when Malificient is being evil, does she wear shoes?"

"Mom, when you were 16, did you get to wear a bra?"

"Why do people die in Africa?"

"If I brought a man home who needed a place to live, would you let him stay with us?"

I'm exhausted.

No comments: