Thursday, June 11, 2015

An overload of baseball pictures

Reina's t-ball game was rained out tonight so for the first time in a few weeks, we had a night without (hardly) anything going on.  It's lovely.  In between loads of laundry and dishes making a certain 8-yr old do a few math worksheets (more on that later), I thought I'd take advantage of all of this free time and blog about baseball.  I took my big camera to the game last night and took a few pictures.  Okay, so I actually took like 30 pictures but here are the best of the batch.  
 
Reina and her BFF whose brother was playing on another field.  These two wily negotiators managed to buy a giant batch of cotton candy without either mothers noticing until it was too late. I do believe this picture is post-candy, notice that gleam in Reina's eye? 
Will's team has had some great games and a few tough ones.  Last night was definitely in the tough column but Will played hard and didn't give up.  I have so much fun watching this kid play ball.  


Warming up, not sure if that's a squint or a smile. 
Still warming up but definitely not looking at the lady with the camera.
Dancing in the outfield, I can only assume this is when his team made a good play.  Will generally has a strict "no dancing in public" policy.
#12 up to bat. I couldn't get any pictures of him making contact because the photographer usually jerked the camera too hard when she stood up to watch the ball.  Because she's a little too invested in 8-yr old baseball at this point. 
Up to bat again. 
This is Glenn's game face.  Glenn has turned into Mr. Baseball, which in itself is probably a whole separate blog post.  In last night's game, he was the warm-up coach and the dugout manager.  When I showed him this picture, I said, "you look mad."  He replied that he's found a mad face and voice get more accomplished in the dugout.  I guess you can't kill anyone with kindness in baseball.  Or at least baseball with 7 and 8-yr olds.

No wait, this is Glenn's game face. 

Okay, I think this is definitely his game face. 

No idea what's going on here... but I don't think he needed a bathroom break. 

So to wrap-up, Will's playing baseball.  Mom and Dad are emotionally invested in baseball.  Reina likes to cheer on her Bobo and also get snacks.  Will is smacking the ball and learning more and more about the game every day.  Go Indians! 



No comments: