Sunday, May 10, 2015

It's been a while

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind around the Pauley house and unfortunately blogging has taken a back seat.  After the last blog post, Glenn went turkey hunting, the morning after he came back, I went to Baltimore for a conference, came back, caught a virus, felt better, taught a class at work all week, had baseball practice and swimming lessons every night of the week and now it's today. Mother's Day.  And it's snowed and rained and snowed some more so we've been inside a lot.  Everyone's feeling a little squirrelly (Trigger and Tootsie, I'm mostly looking at you.)

National Guard lined up a few blocks from my hotel. 
So let's back up a little bit. I went to Baltimore for a conference and landed there on the day that the riots began.  It was a very interesting time to be there and I feel like I have a different perspective on the events by watching the local news and seeing first-hand the national guard and other responses to the riots. That's the extent of my political commentary. 

After Baltimore, I spent a few days with relatives in Washington, DC.  It was tough to be away from the kiddos for a few extra days but I really enjoyed spending time with Hansen relatives and seeing a few sites.  It was a great little break and I can't wait to take the kiddos back. 
Cousins, my aunt, me and the Washington Monument

My favorite stop was the WWII memorial.  We didn't have much time there but I was awestruck all the same.  It was beautiful. 
The Atlantic side of the memorial
Each state is represented by a pillar.
I have so much to say about the kids and everything that we've been up to for these last few weeks. Nothing earth-shattering:  some loose teeth (Reina), swimming lessons for both (Reina's just had one solitary lesson so far but Will's been going for a month or so and he's making such amazing strides!), baseball practices that keep getting rained (and snowed) out, ballet practices that are leading up to big recital this week and feature Reina standing in the front (a big deal in the predance world) and much, much more.  But that will have to wait until another night.

Snow.  On Mother's Day.  Again. 

No comments: