Friday, March 13, 2015

The week in pictures

After all of the snow and cold from the last few weeks, we are now in the middle of a warm snap.  Last weekend, the kids spent every extra minute outside playing.  Reina even talked me into a new box of sidewalk chalk at Target one afternoon so her artwork adorns the driveway.  I think that's a self-portrait. In hindsight, perhaps that stick figure girl should be wearing a jacket, a fact that will be important shortly. 

 
Hey look, it's Tootsie and Trigger enjoying the view from the front door on a sunny Wednesday morning.  What a minute, why are they inside on a Wednesday morning?  Not that they mind. 
That's because it's a sick day!  Wheeeeeeee.  On Tuesday night, Will went to bed with a nose that was running like a faucet.  Reina's cough from last week came back but just at night and no fever or anything so I didn't think much of it (spoiler alert, I should have thought more about it). Will woke up Wednesday with achiness and droopiness, a low fever and general malaise. Reina was perky so she went to school and Will and I hunkered down on the couch for a day of movies and Ipad games.  It was nice to spend a little time with my oldest. I  picked Reina up from school and noticed that she was coughing quite a bit.  Again, no fever so no biggie.  Will seemed to be perking up a little bit so I naively thought everybody was on the mend.  Wednesday night Reina woke me up with her coughing and when I reached for her hand, she was burning up.  Fever of 102 and constant coughing translated to her and I watching cat videos on youtube at 1:30 in the morning and me trying to decide if we needed a trip to the ER.  We got a little bit of sleep and took her to the doctor first thing yesterday.  (Ear infection, cough aggravated by all the coughing but not pneumonia or bronchitis, no influenza.)Will stayed home again because he was still under the weather.  Both kids and a sick day and a mom who was starting to crack up just ever so slightly. 
Tootsie the critical care nurse.  And also probably looking for leftovers from Reina's lunch.
Big brother feeling a little better but still home. 
She sleeps! 
So incredibly boring, long story short.  Will went back to school today.  Reina still has a high(ish) fever so she's home.  I'm reminding myself that at least I get to watch basketball from home and hang out with the kiddos.  Here's hoping everyone wakes up fever free and perky in the morning. 

No comments: