Monday, January 6, 2014

Teeth

Will lost that last pesky top tooth over the holiday break.  At the end, it was hanging in sideways and at a weird (icky) angle.  The tooth popped out during his one day of parks & rec program last week while Glenn and I were both at work.  It's not a violent story, just 6-yr old boys playing board games and somehow someone's tooth pops out. Said tooth was probably hanging on by the tiniest of threads and needed just a strong gust of wind to let go. 
 
Tonight as we were working on homework, I had to get a few pictures of my favorite first grader.  Vampire fangs and all. 
The top teeth are just starting to come in.  I like to watch him try to eat an apple. 

This is what happens when I say, "Smile and show me your teeth!"
 Look at this big kid!  Where's that little toddler who was marching around the house like last week? 
After the tooth finally fell out, we had a near crisis on our hands the next morning.  The Tooth Fairy forgot to make her nightly visit.  I had taken the day off and was trying to catch a few extra minutes of sleep when I heard Will tear down the stairs and yell, "Dad!  The Tooth Fairy forgot me!"  At that moment, the Tooth Fairy might've muttered 'aw crap.'  I got up right away and explained that it had been super windy the night before and the Tooth Fairy has a lot of trouble flying in the wind and that she'd surely be there the next night.  She was and she even left an extra dollar for an interest payment.  Besides the windy conditions, the Tooth Fairy may or may not have also discovered Magnum PI reruns on one of the tv channels and lost track of time.... 

No comments: