Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Great Day and a slightly weird ending

On Sunday, Glenn and I (thanks to the amazing generosity of Aunt Vicky and Uncle Matt) headed to Denver to watch the Broncos in the AFC Championship.  It was an amazing day and the best sporting event I've ever attended.  The Broncos led the whole time and while the ending was a little nerve-wracking, the good guys won.  I have a ton of pictures but first, how we started off the day: 
We've got spirit yes we do, we've got spirit how 'bout you?  Bronco Fever was racing through the Pauley house Sunday morning. 
Will found my old Elway jersey and even though he swims in it, it didn't stop him from wearing it the rest of the day. 
He looks like a natural, doesn't he? 
After dropping the kids off with Grandma and Pop-pop (thank you!), Glenn and I headed to the stadium. It was one of the days where everything worked perfectly. We didn't have any traffic to deal with, found a cheap(ish) parking spot and walked to the stadium. We arrived early enough to grab some lunch and watch all of the pregame activities. The weather was perfect - 60 degrees (in January!). I was too nervous to really enjoy much of the game but that's a topic for my sports psychologist to tackle.  
We had orange pom-poms waiting for us at each seat.  The playoffs!  Fancy! 


Balloons at kick-off and the view from our seats.  It's not as bad as it looks, plus there's a giant tv to bring everything a little closer.  AND we remembered the binoculars. 

Team introductions and the smoking Bronco. 

Glenn was Super Fan on Sunday. Usually he has a more stoic approach to sporting events. A couple of well-placed "whoo hoo's" and short bursts of applause are all the emotion he needs to show.  But on Sunday, he was loud and jumping up and down, shaking his fanny to the music and making up for the fact that I barely muttered a peep. 
Super Bronco Fan

Game over!  Players running onto the field.  I may have cried a little bit.  It was also amazing that when the clock reached 0:00, no one left the stadium.  I've never seen that happen.
Former UW player Mitch Unrein now a Bronco. 

The final score! 

Confetti cannons and players (in white) high fiving the fans. 
After the game, we picked up the kids and headed back north.  Reina was a little sniffly and complaining of a cold but we didn't think anything of it.  Fast forward a few hours after bedtime (I was still awake watching Sports Center) and I hear a noise that at first I think is the neighbor's dog barking, but it's actually Reina with the croup.  I woke up Glenn, got dressed and took her to our newly remodeled ER.  It's a great facility but not a place that I enjoy visiting at midnight.  Reina got a breathing treatment and they kept an eye on her for a few hours and we stumbled home in the wee hours.  Reina's still a little sniffly today but feeling better.  It wouldn't be a three-day weekend without a little drama. 

No comments: