Sunday, December 8, 2013

December

It's December 8th and I'm woefully behind on my Christmas to-do list, and that includes blogging.  Christmas Card, you are next.  We had a busy week and now it's that whirlwind time of Christmas programs, shopping and baking and whatever else we can squeeze into the month. Here's the last week in pictures. 
 
Saturday, Reina and I did some holiday shopping (for me) while Will hung out with the Hansen grandparents and Glenn hunted.  Reina was an enthusiastic shopping partner even though she wanted me to limit my selections to pink, purple and yellow. Not really my signature color(s), especially for work clothes.  She also enthusiastically liked everything I tried on which was great for my ego, but not so great for the budget. 
 
I'm helping! 
 Saturday night, we braved the local Christmas parade.  It wasn't as chilly as in previous years.  Will had left his jacket at school for the long weekend so he wore one of my fleeces.  It didn't fit as well as it could have. 
Trigger would've loved this float - a giant pheasant made out of twinkly lights.

My little hearty Wyoming parade watchers.  It's not cold! 
 A few days after the parade (luckily) we had a crazy cold front come through and drop our temperatures and drop a bunch of the white stuff for good measure.  As I write this, it's -2.6 which is a little balmy considering we had lows in the negative teens and twenties with the wind chill.  The dogs are stir crazy and we're all a little chilled to the bone but we have a heat wave coming this week - it's actually going to get above freezing.  Yeah! 
This was my workout over the lunch hour on Wednesday.

It was a 2-dog night.  Cold pups love to snuggle! 
We had a great weekend, busy with basketball and shopping and a birthday party and football. In the midst of all of that, Will decided to open up a little shop to sell some toys and make room for new Christmas presents.  The catch was that he'd only sell to people in our house with the understanding that he'd take the toys back when he was done.  So not exactly capitalism, but I appreciated his entrepreneurial spirit, and that cute face. 

No comments: