Sunday, June 9, 2013

Darth Reina

This picture just about sums up life with Reina right now.  No, she's not the leader of the Dark Side (most of the time).  She's just a little goofball.  She has a wicked sense of humor.  Glenn was traveling for work last week and when he called home on the first night, Reina informed him that we had two new dogs (named Princess and something else that I can't remember) and that Trigger had died.  She's also not a shrinking violet.  She makes her presence known and she's not shy about voicing her thoughts.  While watching baseball on tv with her Pop-pop, he yelled something at one of the players and she let him know that "Pop-pop, he can't hear you."  When I came back from my jog this morning, I took my shoes off and one of my socks was bloody at the top.  My foot didn't hurt and as I was taking my sock off, I told Glenn "I can't figure out where the blood is coming from."  Reina was standing next to me because there's nothing a 4-yr old loves more than looking (or talking) about someone else's booboo and she matter-of-factly told me, "Mom, the blood is coming from your foot."  Like, duh lady.   Besides, the bossy, smartypants thing that she has going on at times, she's also a sweetie.  After diagnosing my foot, she told me that she wanted to come sit with me while I showered in case I needed any help.  Darth Vader certainly wouldn't have done that for anyone. 

No comments: