Sunday, March 17, 2013

Birthday cookies and catching up on a few photos

 

Will's birthday is on Tuesday so that means it's time for more bizarre baking projects.  Much to everyone's relief, I ordered an Angry Birds cake at the grocery store but he needs cookies to take to school and when I asked him what kind he wanted, his immediate reply was "angry birds."  Naturally. I thought, "how hard can it be?" and turned to the internet for an easy answer.  Well the answer is actually, "pretty dang hard and you'll also stump the art teacher/grandma in attendance."  She searched for ideas and we found one that didn't look too difficult. I can't even post the link to the original recipe because... well... our's are different.  We'll leave it at that. The good news is that they taste great and they have the kindergartner's stamp of approval.  I hope someone emails me this picture this time next year and says "just buy some cookies at the store!"   

 I think Will's posing in this picture and I snapped it too late to get his lightsaber form or whatever it was he was doing at that moment. But I included the picture because this is also his "Really Mom? Really?" look that he gives me whenever he's (a) not happy with my answer, (b) irritated by my lack of knowledge about Jedi's, Star Wars, weapons, wrestling, etc. and/or (c) slowly coming to the realization that I'm not the smartest person on the planet.  Dangit. I had a good run there but apparently my time as an expert in the house is quickly coming to an end. 
This is the first but I'm sure not the last picture of siblings and rabbit ears.  Reina's overly ready for sunny weather. She wanted lots of pictures of her sunglasses and flower combination.  Girl knows how to accessorize. 
Will isn't actually pushing Reina to the ground, it just looks like it.  When fashion shows and warfare demonstrations intersect. 

No comments: