Thursday, September 27, 2012

The week in cell phone pictures

Another week and a half and no time for blog writing.  That seems to be my theme lately.  I'm hopelessly optimistic that things will settle down and I'll get back to a more regular posting schedule.  But how boring to write about how I don't have time to write, right?  So on to the pictures!  Last weekend, we attending a wedding on a local ranch. It was one of those perfect Fall nights, cool but not too cool, no wind, yummy food, a UW football win and happy kids, mostly happy anyway.  Will fell asleep on the way out to the wedding, slept in the car for another 45 minutes or so and then was somewhat droopy and delirious until he realized there would be cake.  While the party was on inside the barn, the kids entertained themselves with dancing (Reina), exploring (both), talking to cows (Reina), tiptoeing across a cattle guard (Will) and playing on an old coach (both).  I didn't manage to take any photos of Reina but here are a few of Will. 
Look at that balance!  Actually, he fell through shortly after this was taken.  He is my kid after all.  
Driving an imaginary team, holding imaginary reins but looking very much the part, I think. 
Will had control of the camera phone in this one.  This must be what I look like to him.  Wrinkled shirt and too much teeth!
Back at home, we had two wild dogs this week.  I had to travel last week so they didn't get their morning runs while I was gone. I ran a race on Sunday (ran my best time ever!  But it was downhill!  But it still counts!) so I didn't run with them at all during the weekend.  The weekend was also too busy for many walks so here I am apologizing to the dogs but it is what it is.  Tootsie still loves us.  I think she's settled in pretty easily huh? 

Reina started driving this week.  Well, she thinks she's ready anyway.  This is how I entertained her during one of Will's flag football practices.  Not content to play in the park, this girl insisted on getting behind the wheel.  If only she could reach the pedals. 
 Finally, Reina had a much needed haircut.  Just like earlier in the summer, it seemed the longer her hair grew, the wilder her personality was.  I took Monday afternoon off to do a bunch of chores that had been bugging me:  cleaning out the dead plants in the garden, vacuuming up the 10 pounds of dog hair under the sofas, and cutting R's hair.  Mission accomplished!   
 She was worried that it was a "boy haircut."  I think it looks adorable.  I can't say that it's tamed her very much, but I guess we wouldn't have her any other way.   

No comments: