Monday, August 20, 2012

The One Where Reina Stuck a Cherry Pit up her Delicate Little Nostril


So that happened. I was working at my desk during the lunch hour when the preschool phone number rang on my cell phone. Both kiddos were chipper and healthy this morning when we all left the house, so I didn’t immediately think that school was calling because someone spiked a fever or threw up. I’ve helped with a few fundraisers and projects like that lately so I thought that maybe it was related to that or the fact that Will has only two more days left at Montessori… sob, sob, sob. No such luck. Reina’s teacher informed that they had a little problem. It was lunchtime and Reina had just stuck a cherry pit up her nose. The teachers had tried to get it out but it was solidly stuck up there and Reina was pretty freaked out. The teachers didn’t have any of the special tools to pry stone fruit pits out of little 3-yr old nostrils so I would have to take her to the doctor. I had always imagined a call like that for Will, but not Little Blondie. So I laughed, grabbed my purse and headed for the door. Before I could get to the parking lot, school called back and the pit was out. They’d been able to get Reina to close off one nostril and blow hard and out it shot. Crisis averted. Tonight we asked Reina why she did it and her answer was the 3-yr old equivalent of literally “ha ma na ha ma na?” Basically a nonsensical blah blah blah blah, thanks for asking mom and dad but let’s not get worked up about all of the details. I’m hopeful that it freaked her out enough that we won’t have a repeat of this incident in the future. Just to be on the safe side, we aren’t packing cherries in her lunch anytime soon either.


What?  Me stick something up my nose?  Never! 

No comments: