Friday, July 13, 2012

Fishing (not catching) pictures

I'm stealing Meghan's title for these photos because that's the kind of blogger I am this summer, and it's actually a really great title because that's what we did.  Lots of fishing, little catching.  I know I posted a few of our trip pictures in the last post but Meghan is a great photographer and I wanted to make sure we shared them with everyone.   
Reina driving the boat with Rick.  She would've been happy to drive all day and Rick even let her steer.  He's a brave man. 

We think Reina might end up on one of those Deadliest Catch/Wicked Tuna shows as some salty female sea captain who drives her boat fiercely and bosses everyone around. She's halfway there. 
Reina loved just about every minute on the boat, big smiles around.  Until it was time to go home. 
  
Will wearing my sunglasses.  Fabulous.  
At the end of the day, both Will and little Jacob crashed on my lap.  My arms got a pretty good workout keeping both of those kids in one spot.  It's amazing what kids can sleep through.  The boat was loud and bumpy and they just crashed out. 

Back on dry land, devouring watermelon. 
We had another busy week but a great visit with the cousins and Aunt Maria.  I'll have some pictures to share shortly.  We did get some great rain and the garden is going gangbusters.  We had to fence off parts of it to keep two curious canines at bay but we have tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, sunflowers and one exploding pumpkin growing right now.  Okay, it's not really an exploding pumpkin but I was so worried that I couldn't it to grow that it's been a bit babied and now it's taking over the garden space.  But we'll have pumpkins! 

Reina's ear tube surgery went just fine.  The procedure was fast and she was home bossing around Tootsie and Trigger within a few hours.  Both kids are battling colds this week but we're trying to keep everyone healthy.  It's the middle of July already!  Where does the time go?! 

No comments: