Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A photo recap of our weekend camping

This is not the week for long, word-filled blog posts.  Too much going on!  Between princess dance camp (yes, that's a real thing that Reina's doing - more on that later), and errands and work and getting caught up from traveling last week (just me, well Glenn one night but more on that later too) and getting ready for a bbq this weekend, it's a little craaaaaazy around the Pauley house this week.  But I thought I would be remiss if I didn't post a few pictures from our camping trip last weekend.  We had a great time celebrating my mom and dad's 40th anniversary one week early and hanging out with Vicky and Uncle Matt.  The weather could've cooperated more but you can't get everything.  Here are some photos - detailed, overly drawn out descriptions later. 

Will was cold too but Aunt Vicky did a good job of warming him up.  He looks mad in this picture but he's probably just asking me for another marshmallow.  Please mom! 

What's eating our breakfast cereal?  Is it a troll?  A gnome?  Yoda?

Just Reina in her aunt's sweatshirt.  "I'm cold!"  That first morning I distinctly remembered telling Glenn while packing the day before- "Good grief, we don't need jackets!  It's going to be in the 90's!"  Those words would come back to haunt me the next morning while I was wearing Glenn's jacket (he's the only who brought one) and he resorted to wearing three shirts.  I know, I know - I'm a Wyoming girl, I should know better.   

Not to be outdone, big brother has to be filmed whilst eating fruit loops also.  The sugared breakfast cereal is one of the top 5 highlights of the kids' camping experience.  Also on that list:  s'mores (naturally) and sleeping in the camper.  Easy to please huh? 

Reina, Vicky and Bailey catching up on their magazines.  Reina preferred whichever one had a picture of a kitty in it.  I was glad that there weren't any articles about Muppets being carted off to the slammer. 

Swimming!  Both of the kiddos were hard to keep out of the water.  Saturday was pretty warm (mid 90's!) so we spent part of the afternoon playing on the swimming side of the lake.  Someone else in our party really enjoyed the water....
 
That would be Trigger!  Who knew Brittany's were actually water spaniels in disguise.  He retrieved his toy until we made him take a break and stop shivering.  He's not the most graceful of swimmers but he gets the job done. 

"You want that I should stay right here boss?  Because I'd rather run out there and see what that guys doing or if that other campsite needs anything retrieved or maybe there's some birds somewhere that need to be chased?"

  

During the first night of our camping trip, we were woken up by people having too much fun a few spots down from us and another guy who fired up his air compressor for what I can only assume was to inflate his air mattress at ELEVEN O'CLOCK AT NIGHT.  Sigh.  The second night all was blissfully quiet until we were awoken by the loudest windstorm in the history of windstorms.  (Maybe slight hyperbole there - I've never been in an actual hurricane.)  The camper was shaking, the lovely 100-yr old cottonwoods that surrounded our campsite were bowing and creaking in the wind and I for one was a little freaked out. (If Glenn hadn't been there, I would've thrown everything into the back of the truck and driven into town to find a hotel.  But sadly he wasn't in favor of that plan in the wee hours of the morning.)  After a few minutes, Will woke up crying and climbed into bed between Glenn and I.  But not after he worried about all of our stuff being 'blowed away.'  I refrained from saying "I know - me too!  Tell your dad that you want to go to town!" A few minutes after that, Reina woke up and came on over.  Shortly after that, Glenn and Trigger evacuated to the kids' bed and we all eventually fell back asleep.  The next morning, I saw this cute pile o' sibling and just had to get a picture. 


No comments: