Sunday, October 23, 2011

October

At the end of the last post (which was almost two weeks ago (!!) This month (!!) is kicking my fanny), I promised to list Trigger's likes and dislikes. Well, it's pretty easy. Likes (in no particular order): 1) laying in the sunspot by the front door.
2) chasing birds, rabbits, anything that runs.
3) chewing on stuff. Mostly stuff that does not belong to him.
4) Glenn.
5) jogging with the lady who yells at him a lot. (me)
6) the kids
7) eating food off of the kids lap, hands, plate, face Dislikes: 1) Halloween.
2) The glass panel in the front storm door because it shows his reflection and he barks for about 30 seconds until he realizes that it's just him, and not some strange Brittany standing on our front porch barking at him.
3) Being told not to eat food off of the kids plate, chew on the toy/book/shoe/slipper/magazine/lego piece/doll/etc. that is currently in his mouth.

That about sums up Trigger right now. He's not a complicated being. He likes to go jogging with me and he loves to hunt with Glenn. He enjoys the kids and wants to wrestle and roughhouse way more than we let him. He's a good dog.

This month really has been insane. I probably write that everything month but October is flying by. I've been very busy at work, It's hunting season so Glenn's in and out. Reina caught her second bug of the fall and had to stay home again for a few days this week. Will had some weird stuff going on which has since resolved itself but he had to go to the doctor for a quick check-up this week. (For the baby book - Glenn took him to the doctor so when I called home that night - I was on a work trip - Will excitedly informed me he got to "pee in a cup!" It was the definite highlight of his month.)

I think the highlight of my month is this picture below. Have you met my son lliw? We've been working with him at home but the bulk of the work is taking place at school. His teachers are so patient and slowly but surely Will is getting interested in learning. He's been counting like crazy and recognizing letters. But last week was the first time that I saw him write his name all by himself. Even though it's backwards, I was so proud of him.
Other than catching a few weird viruses this month, Reina has been doing great too. She loves her babies and carries them around everywhere. This doll was actually mine as a little girl and I love to see her getting played with for a new generation. Her "Jenny" is being force-fed scrambled eggs. Yum. This morning, both kids were dressed nicely for church and I thought, what a great time to snap some photos. Take #1. (Reina is attempting a backwards somersault.) Take 2. One leaning forward, one leaning back. Had to turn on the flash because of all of the movement. Take 3. Give your sister a hug. Take 4. Giggling and wrestling. Okay, mom's putting the camera away now. Here's a quick shot of my handwriting 4 1/2 year old. Such a handsome boy. And Trigger's bottom in the background. I definitely don't win awards for framing pictures. Here's a Halloween preview ..... It's Blackbeard! Or Black-and-Greybeard. I can't look at this picture without thinking "now back to the good part." (Only those Saturday Night Live viewers will get that joke.) Back later in the week with more Halloween preview pics... it's a great time of year!

No comments: