Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Old Timey kids

Last month, the kids' preschool offered a 'vintage' photo session for the children. I didn't plan on ordering any prints because I can rarely get a smile out of Will when I'm holding the camera and his current dislike of being told to do well... ANYTHING would result in some pretty weird photos. Yeah, I couldn't have been any more wrong. I love the hand-holding and the barefeet, plus, are they actually smiling at each other? They are? They aren't yelling "no fank you!!" and preparing to slap? It's a photographic miracle! Look at my 1920's baseball player. He's smiling at the camera, his face is relatively clean. He looks lovely! Okay, so this one makes me giggle. He looks more like a 1920's gangster than a baseball player. I think he's about to rattle some skulls with that bat.



Who's this dreamy girl? This angelic face can't be the same person who throws herself down on the floor in a heap of wailing anguish upon hearing that we are all out of cheese sticks? The same girl who takes her diaper off and leaves it lying on the floor but absolutely refuses to use the toilet, even though she was gung-ho about it a few months ago? Not this sweet face - must be someone else!


Yep, this is the picture that sold me on the whole bunch. I'm going to frame this one and gaze at it years from now when they are surly teenagers who can't even stand to be in the same car with each other. Once upon a time, they were a brother and a sister who smiled, held hands and melted their mommy's heart.

No comments: