Monday, June 27, 2011

Changes and random photos

I've been a bad, bad blogger lately. Our weekends have been busy and the sun is shining and Trigger needs exercising and needless to say, there hasn't been much computer time. But bad blogging for me usually means that we are out having fun and that's been the case this month.

Between all of our summer fun, we are getting a few projects down around the house. One of my priorities this month was to move Reina out of the crib. But before we could do that, we had to get Will a new bed so that Reina could have the twin. I've been looking for a bunkbed for ages and just haven't found one that was cute without being dainty, masculine without being bulky and made out of something that could stand up to Will's barrage of swords, metal die-cast cars and millions of lego pieces. As you can imagine, my search has been exhausting! Finally a few weeks ago, I ran into one of our local furniture stores on a whim and found a bunkbed that met all of that peculiar criteria. Voila! We even forked over a few extra bucks to have it delivered and assembled. Glenn and I have had some of our biggest marital arguments errrr, loud discussions because of furniture assembly so I've learned from previous lessons. Back to the room - this is a BIG BOY room! I couldn't bear to take down the quilt with his name on it so he's going to have live with that for a while longer. Sorry for the weird picture, my camera is still on the blink (probably because I haven't actually tried to get it fixed yet, details, details) but you get the gist. Next, we took Will's old bed and moved it into Reina's room. For the first time since March of 2007, my house doesn't have a crib in it. Whimper whimper. But somebody loves her big girl bed, even though she's actually throwing a tantrum in this picture. She's staying put each night and even going to bed without a fight. It's really a bedroom miracle. I tried to let her pick out her own bedding but she kept gravitating to the princess genre and since I'm still not sure where I sit in the whole princess as role model argument, we compromised on princess sheets and pillowcases and a cute owl, barnyard animal, randomness quilt. Yeah, I compromised with a 2-yr old. Imagine that. Actually, I snuck the quilt in the cart when she wasn't looking and presented it as fait accompli when she woke up from her nap in another room.



This is a random photo that I took earlier in the month. Will is super into swords and battles right now. If I remember correctly, he was a king in this picture. King of John Deere apparently. He's such a delightful little goofball right now. The battles and epic adventures that take place in his head are truly legendary.


Finally, I went to North Carolina a few weeks ago for a conference. I was in meetings all day but our hotel was right on the beach, so I took a few walks and jogs next to the water in my free time. I missed the family but I was really able to enjoy having a few nights to myself. I can't wait to take the kids back to the ocean.





The next post will have loads of pictures from our Great Camping Adventure of 2011. Stay tuned!

No comments: