Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tonsils, Part 2

Tomorrow, Reina and I will head to the hospital in the wee hours for her tonsillectomy, adenoid-ectomy and another set of ear tubes. We can't really think of much else to do while she's under... maybe pierce her ears? Trim her toenails? I think that just about takes care of it. Glenn's going to get up Will up and off to preschool and then he'll come to the hospital before Reina goes off to surgery.

When Will had his tonsillectomy in November, I was nervous and anxious because I didn't know what to expect. With Reina, I'm nervous and anxious because I DO know what to expect. Will had such a long, difficult recovery and it was pretty hard on his little self. Reina is younger and let's face it, she's my baby (!) and I hate that we have to put her through this. BUT, I keep reminding myself (and Glenn and everybody else keeps reminding me) that we need to do this for her health. She's had a few rough weeks with sleeping and snoring and an ear infection last week, I know that getting that source of infection out will make her better in the long run.

So, I have a bag packed full of new coloring books, the dvd player and her favorite movie (Beauty and the Beast) and a few little trinkets that will hopefully keep her entertained. After spending the night at the hospital, we should be home Friday morning and I'll post another update then. We'd appreciate you keeping our sweet girl in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: