Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Christmas Wrap-up and I'm 50!

We had a really nice Christmas and I meant to write about it a bunch of times last week but then I got busy hanging out with kiddos, cleaning up from Christmas and knitting (I'm knitting again!), watching Andor with Glenn (so good!) and I didn't blog about any of it.   But we had a nice break.  Glenn and I worked some of the days.  Will had wrestling practice.  Reina tried out experimental recipes in the kitchen.  The cats terrorized the Christmas ornaments.  Fun was had by all. 

We received so many lovely presents - it's hard to pick just one that's our favorite but I asked everybody tonight for a quick review:  

Reina's favorite present was her iPad from Mom and Dad.  She downloaded a drawing app already and has quite the portfolio already.  

Will's favorite present was an interesting Broncos sculpture from Aunt V and Uncle M which had some money taped to the back.  He hasn't put the sculpture in his room yet because he's scared to wake up and see it staring at him. 

Glenn's favorite present was a mug that I had made with pictures from Will's football season. I'd like to say I made the mug but that was all Shutterfly.  

My favorite present is hard to choose from but it's probably a drawing that Reina did for me that I need to frame and hang up - and take a picture for the blog!  

Today is my 50th birthday.  50!  I've been dreading this one a little bit.  Fifty just feels so .... fifty? Didn't I just graduate from college?  Or get married?  I think underneath it all, this feels like a decade of big changes.  I'll probably get a new job this decade when I can retire from the State.  Kiddos will graduate and go to college this decade.  Who knows how many animals Glenn and I will bring home in the next 10 years.  But the day turned out pretty great.  My co-workers decorated my office in black crepe paper and pictures of me photoshopped as Sally O'Malley (SNL, google it).  Glenn gifted me a car detailing from an actual detail place and not just me with the shop vac trying to get out the detritus of almost two years of driving teens around.  Reina picked out some really pretty earrings and Will got me a really nice wallet (he dislikes my current wallet and he has opinions about a lot of things).  I also got gift cards and cash and a book. I'm a lucky middle-aged lady.  

No comments: