Thursday, January 6, 2022

January Snow Day

 We had snow in the forecast this week which was great news because it's been an unusually dry and warm fall/winter so far.  I was skeptical that we'd get any moisture.  I was pleasantly surprised when the snow started yesterday afternoon and quickly started to accumulate.  The temperature dropped and an email from the school district indicated that today might be a virtual learning day if the weather continued to deteriorate.  Then the state offices closed at 4:00 pm so that we could all get home (that RARELY happens!) and we settled in for a chilly night.  

 
Short hair dogs love fluffy blankets. 

The phone rang at 5:05 a.m. apparently (I slept through it) but Glenn woke me up and I checked the messages and schools were closed for in-person learning but it was time to fire up the Ipads for virtual class.  State offices were open but our agency got permission to work from home for the day.  This level of detail is probably unnecessary so I'll jump ahead to the highlights.  It was like March 2020 again - wheeee!  Reina tackled her classes and needed help from time to time with technology and algebra.  Thankfully she handled her health vocab list on her own (estrogen, pituitary gland, puberty, etc. etc.).  Will was pretty independent but wanted help with a sports marketing project and how can I resist the words sports and marketing?  I squeezed some work into the day but ended up taking some vacation time because it was hard to juggle everything without losing what little bits of sanity I have left.  

We ended up with a good amount of snow (7 to 10 inches in town) and some crazy temperatures - negative 3 this morning and right now it's back in the 30's.  

This girl captures my energy today.  Also, she kept sitting on my laptop whenever I stepped away.  Cold and hungry.  It's me!  






No comments: