Friday, December 31, 2021

And a Happy New Year

It's 8:08 on New Year's Eve.  We just finished up a dinner of homemade curry with chicken that Reina made for a class assignment.   It received rave reviews from Glenn, Will ate a big bowl and Reina even had some.  We also had a (mostly) homemade creme brulee for dessert.  Mostly because I found a mix for creme brulee at the store last week and thought it would be fun to try.  Man, we are exciting around here. 

I had hoped to write an eloquent post wrapping up the year but I just don't have it in me tonight.  Life feels a little bleak with covid still ever present, fires in Colorado, division in our country, drought and to top it all off - football teams that I dislike keep winning big games.  I know I need a dose of perspective but that's where I'm at.  I want this blog to reflect our real lives and it's not always goofy pictures of kids and chaos.  But I think for now, I'll try to focus on some of the good stuff.  We're all here. The house is nice and warm on a night that is supposed to be the super cold (negative wind chills expected).  We have more pets than we can probably handle but one of them is serving as a heating pad right now and it feels delicious.  We are still having a fun holiday break and it's only Friday night!  

There are some good things to look forward to and maybe that will be my New Year's Resolution - look for the light instead of paying attention to so much darkness. 

We'll give it a try.  

No comments: