Tuesday, April 25, 2017

What we've been up to, April edition

I last blogged 16 days ago and honestly, I thought it was just yesterday.  This month has flown by.  Will is playing soccer and started track practices at school.  His first official school sport!  Mom is way too interested and not getting nearly enough details to satisfy her thirst.  I know that he's participating in three events in the track meet coming up next month.  I also know that I kiboshed his desire to get track shoes - - - for a sport that will last slight more than three weeks.  Will's also participating in 4-H shooting sports once a week.  He played goalie during last week's soccer game and while I worried about his beautiful face, he did a great job and seemed to really like playing back there.  This week's game was snowed out because it's April in Wyoming.  Wyoming weather this year is wildly unpredictable.  65 degrees and sunny one day and snowing the next.  We try to remind ourselves that summer is somewhere around the corner.  

Reina is getting ready for her dance recital in a few weeks and her piano recital one week after that.  She's also playing softball and enjoying it!  She's on an all-girls team and she was disgruntled that the team name is 'Pony Express.'  She thought they were named that because girls usually like ponies and she didn't think that was an accurate representation of girls' toughness. I explained the origin of the Pony Express and she's feeling better about the name.  I didn't mention that it's also the name of a local company that's sponsoring her team but details, details.  I can't wait to see her play.

Glenn is getting a little stir crazy in this time between fall hunting seasons and summer.  He's tried taking Will turkey hunting once or twice this month but either the turkeys or the weather haven't cooperated.  Last weekend, the weather cooperated and he and Reina went fishing on Sunday while Will and I stayed home and did chores and watched a Harry Potter movie that Reina can't watch yet. For the record, Will's read all of the Harry Potter books! I'm so proud of him!  Back to Glenn - he celebrated a birthday last Friday.  We had a few friends and a bunch of kids over and had a fun dinner party.

So Reina and Glenn fished and they came home with a cooler full.  Reina sure loves to fish.



What have I been up to?  Work, running people around to practices and lessons, reading some good books, knitting the same scarf that I started months ago, going to an exercise class a few times a week that makes me so sore that I need ibuprofen,  trying to start some plants in the basement to get a head start on gardening season and watching Netflix every once in a while with Glenn. Good stuff.

Will knows the password to my phone so each day I find a new wallpaper picture.  Here are some of my favorites.



A mom and daughter selfie taking in my messy office.

Bring on Spring!!  

No comments: