Monday, December 12, 2016

Reina's pilgrim diary

I'm home for the day thanks to what is probably the norovirus.  Fingers crossed that no one else gets it!  Besides having to type this while laying flat on the couch, this inconvenient stomach bug is also putting a big damper on my holiday baking, present-wrapping and TOP SECRET KID TOY plans.  Oh well, there's like 13 days until Christmas, plenty of time right?!

In the meantime, let's talk about Reina's recent Pilgrim Diary project.  She had to write about a week on the Mayflower.  She worked pretty hard on it - we read a bunch of books about the Mayflower and life in early colonial times.  She lobbied for me to make her a Puritan outfit to wear whilst giving her presentation but that didn't happen.  I did some internet research and made a little doll that looked like something a Pilgrim girl would play with.  I need to take a picture of that.

Reina had to give a short presentation to her class and here are the comments from her fellow students.  They had to list a fact that they learned or comment on her project. This just might be my favorite part of second grade:

1.  I like it.
2.  The children drink beer.  (This was clearly a highlight because it was mentioned several times in the evaluations. I know it was probably Reina's favorite tidbit to share.)
3.  I love it because of the dairy.
4.  Reading loudly.
5.  It was rof on the Mayflower.  (Amen sister!)
6.  I love how you exprest how you felt.
7.  (completely indecipherable)
8.  She wanted to go on the Speedwell but she couldn't because it had a leak.
9.  Good job. I liked when you said beer.
10.  Good job.  (Drawing of a cat)
11.  Sea water is bad for your lungs.

No comments: